NLnet grant application for federation (deadline October 1st, 2021)

@zeripath @techknowlogick, since the proposed workplan was included in the application in September 2021 I gained experience and learned a few things:

• It is ok to extensively rework the list of tasks as long as it is in the boundaries of the application. This is specially important when months passed since the application and the context changed.
  • It is ok to add signatories to the Memorandum of Understanding: each of them can send a Request for Payment on an individual task.
  • It is much more convenient to use a spreadsheet to keep track of what was done and what was paid.
  • The deliverables for each task must be something like a merged pull request, a blog post, the recording of a videoconference. It cannot be the log of a discussion or a chat, for instance.

The roadmap/milestones for other people working on Gitea federation in 2022 is now available:

Based on these, I propose to rework the initial workplan and transform it into a spreadsheet that can be conveniently attached to the Memorandum of Understanding in Annexe I: Project plan.