Gitea Pages hosting

Hello,
I was searching for github pages alternatives and found this project h/t/t/p/s://github.com/42wim/caddy-gitea

I build it’s docker image and configured as it said in readme. My Caddyfile looks like this:

{
        order gitea before file_server
}
:3000
gitea {
        server ht tp //gitea:3000
        token fh745f4Gru734Ffg34441Rfteeewt543kuerTer
        #domain mydomain.duckdns.org #this is optional
}

But it does not work. Page loads but without assets and it does not function properly. Browser inspect element shows this

GET ht tp s* // org.mydomain.duckdns.org/assets/stylesheets/main.50c56a3b.min.css [HTTP/2 404  159ms]
GET ht tp s* // org.mydomain.duckdns.org/assets/stylesheets/palette.06af60db.min.css [HTTP/2 404  145ms]
GET ht tp s* // org.mydomain.duckdns.org/assets/javascripts/bundle.c18c5fb9.min.js [HTTP/2 404  145ms]
GET ht tp s* // org.mydomain.duckdns.org/assets/javascripts/bundle.c18c5fb9.min.js [HTTP/2 404  103ms]
Loading failed for the <script> with source “ht tp s* // org.mydomain.duckdns.org/ ssets/javascripts/bundle.c18c5fb9.min.js”. org.duckdns.org:444:63

I have traefik infront which is configured to this domain *.mydomain.duckdns.org, mydomain.duckdns.org using DNS challenge to have proper HTTPS for my docker services. org is my organization name in gitea. That is why i use org.mydomain.duckdns.org which is described in that project readme.

How can i fix assets loading? Does caddy cause this problem?

EDIT: links look like this because it seems you have limits for new users to put 2 urls at max in a post :frowning:

1 Like

You don’t need to alter any URLs that are in </> Preformatted text. They will not be auto-linked.

This is the first that I have seen this project mentioned here. That may affect the responses. While it is an interesting project, you may need to find a place to engage with those who are using it, or invite some of its users here to join the discussion. :grinning:

1 Like

I just build pages image using nginx as base. Works great.