Add reviewers when opening a pull request

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a way to add a reviewer when a pull request is being opened?

On Bitbucket, when you create a pull request, you can choose from the list of your team members and request a code review from one or more of them. This sends them a notification so they know an action is required from them.

I tried playing around with settings in the branch protection section (Whitelisted reviewers), but I couldn’t find anything that would allow for a workflow similar to the one I described above.

Am I missing something or the workflow I described is not supported at all?

Thank you for a great product!

You can assign someone to the PR, or simply request a review using a comment and a mention:

Hi, @john, could you please review this PR?

Thanks for your reply.

You are right, both of the approaches you mentioned solve the issue I’m having, however, it looks like assigning the user to a pull request does not trigger sending an email notification (even when the assignee is watching the repo). Mentioning the user directly does trigger the notification.

I’ll check if there are some open issues about notifications not being sent on assignment and maybe open a feature request.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Hello everybody,

do I understand correctly that there is no possibility to add default reviewers to a pull request?
It would be great if there was an option to set the whitelisted reviewers as default reviewers.

Many greetings :slight_smile: