Unable to send password reset on unconfirmed accounts

When I first registered my Gitea account (Sept 1) at Register - Gitea: Git with a cup of tea my password manager generated a password for me, but failed to save the password when I clicked “Register Account” button.

Next, I received the account activation email (Please activate your account) to my email account just fine, but when I clicked on the account activation link I was prompted to enter my password in order to complete the activation. This is where I discovered that my password manager didn’t save the password. So, I couldn’t complete activation.

No problem, I thought, I’ll just reset my password… only I never receive the password reset email because, I’m assuming, the password reset emails aren’t sent to non-activated accounts.

So, I’m stuck, and I can’t get access to my new account.

Could you allow password reset emails to be sent to non-activated accounts for situations like this?

As a side note for the future, what do you think about not worth forcing the user to enter their password to verify their email address? Perhaps allow them to verify their email address, and then force them to log in afterwards. Just a thought.

Thanks for any assistance here.