Gitea error with download

Hi,
I got problem. I’m trying to make new gitea server on Debian 11 system.
When i try to download gitea a got this issue :

–2023-11-07 09:28:47-- https //dl gitea com/gitea/1.21/gitea-1.21-darwin-12.12-amd64
Resolving dl gitea com (dl gitea com)… 52.222.214.96, 52.222.214.20, 52.222.214.36, …
Connecting to dl gitea com (dl.gitea.com)|52.222.214.96|:443… connected.
ERROR: The certificate of ‘dl gitea com’ is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of ‘dl.gitea.com’ doesn’t have a known issuer.

I’m trying to resolve this for 10 hours and can’t do it alone. Do you know what to do in this situation?

*I deleted dots from links becouse I’m new user and i have limitations on how many link i can use.

I don’t know what happened with df.gitea.com, you can try again with no-check certificate argument (for wget).Or have you ever apt update and upgrade?
If you still can not download ,you can

1. download any (release version) gitea binary file from Releases · go-gitea/gitea (github.com)
  2. download it on any other machine and copy it to your debian by scp or something

BTW you should download linux version for debian,instead of darwin,it is used for macos

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for your advice!
I passed this issue by --no-check-certificate in wget command.
But anyway thank you for your effort :smiley:

You should never use --no-check-certificate because it bypasses security checks and allows an attacker to modify the binary (like installing a virus inside Gitea’s binary) with a Man-in-the-Middle attack.

You should instead install the ca-certificates package so that your system can properly download files securely.

2 Likes

I have installed ca-certificates on my server, but still i cannot download from gitea or any other https. :frowning:

Strange, that issue is probably better for another forum but what is the output of echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -servername dl.gitea.com -connect dl.gitea.com:443 on the server? That command will initiate SSL connection with Gitea server, send empty command, and then exit while outputting relevant details.

1 Like