Gitea contributor feedback

More contexts in the PR: https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/pull/18446#issuecomment-1035817949

I have said Neutral , it means that I didn’t against and didn’t approve. Since I have to approve to remove the Request Changes state, I reviewed the code line by line, I can not accept that the code I approved has obvious bugs.

Then we did find bugs, I don’t know why it should be complained. I would say that’s it’s lucky that I did a full review, otherwise the buggy code would make the code base unhealthy.

As discussed in discord/matrix, I can not understand the necessary of this PR

1. I know your purpose is about federation, but I can not see how it’s done. The question is, if you have (repo, federation-sourcrce-1, local) and (repo, federation-sourcrce-2, local) records, the federation-sourcrce-1 is a UUID or an integer. how do you know which federation source do they come? Without a real usage case, I can not understand the design. If any maintainer understands the design and prefer to use it, please help to explain, thanks.
  2. About the purpose make migrations idempotent , it can be done by current existing issue.foreign_id , we do not need the extra table.

I made some changes on the PR because:

1. The PR was set to Allow Edits from Maintainers by author.
  2. The models are moving into models/xxx separate packages, we shouldn’t put all the errors in the same file with ASCII banner. if you didn’t put the code into correct place, other maintainers would spend more time on it
  3. The usage of LocalID is quite misleading and buggy.

I am a developer, the only thing I care is how to make things right and make code clear and correct.

1 Like