My gitea server is running on RHEL 8. The server is not containerized. When trying to git push or pull through SSH from client I am prompted for a password for the account that manages gitea on the server.
git remote -v origin email@example.com:mdt/test-repo.git (fetch) origin firstname.lastname@example.org:mdt/test-repo.git (push)
Pushing to a repo
git push -u origin main email@example.com's password:
ssh -T firstname.lastname@example.org Hi there, testUser! You've successfully authenticated with the key named testkey, but Gitea does not provide shell access. If this is unexpected, please log in with password and setup Gitea under another user.
What solutions I have tried
- Disable SELinux
- Verifed that the account that manages gitea (git) has shell access
- Performed tests from a different client machine
- Created new ssh keys and imported public keys into gitea web client.
- Verified permission rights for /home/git/.ssh (700)
- Verified permission rights for /home/git/.ssh/authorized_keys (600)
Thank you for your help in advance.