Error 500 accessing repositories

Good Afternoon,

I had Gitea since november 2022 installed on a Qnap server, since last thursday we began to have error 500 when trying to access all repositories already created. I can’t create new one ??

When I go to sire administration I can see all repositories, but accessing it give the same error ?

I check the LOG directory nothing in it. Which information you need to help me ?

But before I think the problem began after creating a new Team inside the organization, so the first thing I want to try is to delete the new Team but I can’t see how to do it?. I’m the administrator for the site and have full access, there was no repo in that team and I delete all user that belong to it !

Best Regards,

Sylvain

What version are you running? Did you recently upgrade server?

As for checking logs, see this article from QNAP. Specifically Checking Individual Container Logs section.

Good Morning Jake,

From the site admin this is the version 1.18.3 built with GNU Make 4.1, go1.19.5 : bindata, sqlite, sqlite_unlock_notify.

I’m running this version since it came out, server never been updated, In the configuration screen I have the directory for Gitea
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Gitea/custom/conf/app.ini, in the ini I have this
[log]
MODE = console
LEVEL = info
ROOT_PATH = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Gitea/log
ROUTER = console

In the directory where it should be have log I have nothing directory is empty ?
I’m not running it in a docker

Thank you for your precious help,

Sylvain

Jake,

I’m not the most familiar with Gitea but to help find the problem I open google console, after logon on the home screen, I see latest commit and information about the repos on the right I have 6 repositories, when I click on one of it the error 500 appear please see image attached. Im in HTTP because the server is local here and not exposed to the WEB !

In the next message I’ll show you the access rights for the repository !

As I already said I had change nothing since the installation any clue will be appreciated !.

If necessary I can reinstall Gitea, but I have programmers who don’t push their work to the current repositories, I really don’t want to loose my repositories and the local work of those programmers, If you think it’s the way to go can you point me on to some documentation on how to achieve this !?

Best Regards,

Sylvain

I logged in SFTP to my QNAP server and triple check the Rights, the Gitea server is running under gitea user account here are the Rights for the repository who gave the error

frontendrights2

Next step I did, Is to logon to the Qnap Web interface with the gitea user account and password, using the file utility of the Qnap server I go to the directory of the repository and I was able to add a file, edit it and delete it.

FYI, in my first message I wrote that I think it was related to the TEAM I created last week , I finally found how to delete it, I do so and the Internal Error 500 is still there !

Best regards,

Sylvain

Jake,

First sorry for the multiple message, as another test I stopped and start from the Qnap application console, and Gitea won’t start, which it’s abnormal so what I did it to start it from the shell command to have a trace here is what I got, hope it can’ help, it seem’s that it’s a problem with GIT ??

Best Regards,

Sylvain

Jake,

running git --version from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Gitea
give me this
gitcommand

So git seem’s to run correctly if you have any clue why I have that error in my previous message it will help !

Best Regards,

Sylvain

It looks more like a problem with a configuration directive involving /dev/null. My app.ini has no reference to /dev/null. You might want to see if it appears in your config or your init scripts and see if you can determine why and if it is correct, then try to resolve that permission error.

Good Morning,

Problem solved, it was related to GIT and PYTHON, not Gitea !

Sorry for the post and thank you for your precious time !

Best Regards,

Sylvain

2 Likes