Enable IPv6 in created networks

Is there a way to get the containers that Act runner spawns to use IPv6?

Currently it creates networks with enable_ipv6 set to false and does not take from the default configured address pools.

I am potentially willing to pay some money for such a basic feature to be implemented.

TLDR; As a workaround set the network to which the container attaches to to a fixed ipv6 enabled network (I just used ‘bridge’).
See act_runner/config.example.yaml at main - act_runner - Gitea: Git with a cup of tea

In more wors:
I am running a gitea instance on my local network which generally operates on IPv6. When the act_runner spawns the container, it creates a temporary docker network configured with "EnableIPv6": true
Clearly this somewhat breaks with my setup.

Because I am on my home network, there is no worry about isolation. Hence, I just configure the runner to use the standard docker bridge network (act_runner/config.example.yaml at main - act_runner - Gitea: Git with a cup of tea).
This network is configured to enable IPv6, so no problem.

Generally however, I agree with the original post, that customizing the network configuration of the temporary networks is desirable.

Hi, perfect.

I eventually figured it out and ended up using the Docker bridge network as I had the configured for IPv6 already.

Perfect!

1 Like